A great place to spend a day, a weekend or the rest of your life!
This is our motto because our rural community has so much to offer people seeking a safe, peaceful, yet progressive community to call home! We are “Pride of the South Dakota Prairie” because we offer:
- 8 Sites on the National Historic Registry including Shakespeare Garden & Anne Hathaway Cottage
- Art & Culture at the Restored 1905 Opera House with year-round events & displays at the Jerauld County Heritage Museum
- Prime pheasant hunting & nearby fishing on the Missouri River
- 9-Hole Golf Course, Bowling, Trap & Skeet Club
- RV & Tent Camping, Outdoor Pool, Ballpark, Disc Golf & Nature Trails
- Classic Car & Antique Tractor Show & SDRA Foothills Rodeo, Bull Bash & Wagon Train Events
- Nationally accredited K-12 school system with advanced technology
- Full business district with public transportation, pharmacy, medical campus, emergency services, long-term care & wellness center
- Strong agriculture community well known for club calf/show steer industry
- Senior Community Center offering daily meals and programs
- Licensed group family daycare, as well as private daycare
- Strong faith based community including worship and youth programs
- Large variety of clubs and organizations active in volunteer efforts
If you would like more information about relocating your family or business to Wessington Springs, please contact the Wessington Springs Area Chamber & Development at (605) 539-1929.